Re: XForms: fl_set_object_helper() behaviour

David J. Singer (doc@jaunte.freeserve.co.uk)
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 17:29:49 +0000

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, you wrote:

>I thought about what the proper behavior should be,
>and decided that there is no point showing what
>the button does if you are not allowed to push it.

That makes a lot of sense, and I can see why it was implemented
like that. However, I find it extremely useful to be able to see what
a button can do even when you can't click it. The interface I am
currently working on has quite a few pixmap buttons on it, all of which
are initially disabled. A new user running the program would be able
to quickly see what all the buttons do, and gain some insight into the
capabilities of the program, without having to get the program into a
state where the buttons are active.

>Of course I am open to suggestions.

May I respectfully suggest that at the very least it is made an option?

--
David J. Singer
doc@jaunte.freeserve.co.uk