Re: XForms: fl_set_object_helper() behaviour

Tristan Savatier (tristan@mpegtv.com)
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 19:37:01 -0800

T.C. Zhao wrote:

> I thought about what the proper behavior should be,
> and decided that there is no point showing what
> the button does if you are not allowed to push it.
> Of course I am open to suggestions.

It does not hurt to have the information about what a control
does, even if it is currently not active.

Actually it looks like that's the behavior of most applications
on windows and even on Unix (e.g. Netscape have tool-tips
popping on disabled buttons). I am in favor of showing
what a control does, even if it is disabled.

-t