Re: XForms: Installing Xforms

From: Dirk Evers (dirk@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 03:01:15 EDT

    Dear Fabiano,

    I guess you are using some Linux distribution or other. Some of them decide to
    split their X11 System into the part you need to run and link applications (the
    X11 server proper, plus the shared objects needed to run dynamicly linked apps)
    and a second part needed if you want to also compile X11 object files. This
    second package then contains the header files. It is normally called Xdevel or
    something similar.

    Cheers
    Dirk

    On 31-Mar-74 Fabiano Durao Lanini wrote:
    ># To subscribers of the xforms list from Fabiano Durao Lanini
    ># <flanini@dpi.ufv.br> :
    >
    > The point is not where these files are.
    > The problem is that i don't have these files in my computer.
    > The directories you have suggested exists, but the files Xlib.h and
    > Xutil.h
    > don't exist in any place of my HD.
    > Anyone knows why? and what I should do to get them?
    >

    > jprinos@dehavilland.ca wrote:

    >> Fabiano Durao Lanini <flanini@dpi.ufv.br> on 03/30/74 04:50:13 PM
    >>
    >> Please respond to xforms@bob.usuhs.mil
    >>
    >> To: xforms@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil
    >> cc: (bcc: John Prinos/BRAD/Bombardier)
    >> Subject: XForms: Installing Xforms
    >>
    >> >I've tried to install XForms and I've had some problems...
    >> >The compiler "said" it didn't find X11/Xlib.h and X11/Xutil.h
    >> >If anyone can give me some help...
    >>
    >> If you're on Linux,
    >>
    >> try adding -I/usr/X11R6/include to your compile line.
    >>
    >> Otherwise, do a find for the Xlib.h to get the right directory.
    >>
    >> John

    ---
    | Dirk Evers                                                   Office: M3-120 |
    | Technische Fakultaet / AG PI                          Tel: +49 521 106-2905 |
    | Universitaet Bielefeld                                FAX: +49 521 106-6411 |
    | D-33594 Bielefeld                     e-mail: dirk@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE |
    | Germany                     URL: http://www.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE/~dirk/ |
    | Die Succulenten       / a cappella singing /      http://www.succulenten.de |