Re: XForms: strcmp

From: joel (joel@dabbles-n-doodads.com)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 11:09:07 EST

    Actually, I'm looking for an empty string not if a pointer is null. So,
    strcmp(string,"") works fine. I'm not sure why NULL works under
    HPUX. I checked how its defined, and NULL = 0 under both OS's.
    So maybe either the compiler or the implementation of strcmp under
    HPUX views NULL as an empty string? Anyhow, as someone else
    emailed me strcmp(string,"") is really what I meant to do and works
    fine under both OS's.

    Thanks

    Joel