Re: XForms: pushed on FL_RADIO_BUTTON objects

From: Steve Lamont (spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 09:48:16 EST

    > according to the manual "[...]pushed indicates whether the mouse
    > is pushed within the bounding box of the object[...]" (page 267). For
    > FL_RADIO_BUTTON pushed is only set once. ...

    A FL_RADIO_BUTTON by itself acts strangely. If you had two of them in
    a Group, they'd act as you might expect.

    > ... For me this is a problem: in my
    > application the buttons are update asynchronously using
    > fl_idle_callback(). So I have a establish a prehandler for grepping the
    > FL_PUSH and FL_RELEASE events for preventing changing the button state
    > while the user pushes it.

    I don't understand what you're trying to tell us here or what you're
    trying to do.

    > I reported a similar problem with browsers: either pushed is not
    > set (that how it looks to me) or releases way before calling the browsers
    > callback. (at least one fl_idle_callback() does happen before the callback
    > is called and pushed is not set).

    I think that the nub of the problem here is that the state information
    within the FL_OBJECT structure is intended for use within object
    handlers and not really for the use of applications directly. The
    XForms main loop, as the manual says, diddles these as it so desires.

    Since it's not entirely clear to me what exactly you're trying to
    accomplish, I can't help much more than that.

                                                            spl