Re: XForms: cygwin and X-server

From: yann.guichoux@ago.fr
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 01:55:38 EST

    zaphodb wrote:

    > I've installed the cygwin distribution and the
    > bxform-0881-cygwinb20.tgz stuff.
    > Now if I compile a program I get numerous error messages like:
    >
    > (.text+0x3018): undefined reference to `fl_deactivate_object'
    > (.text+0x302c): undefined reference to `fl_hide_object'

    i was using xforms 0.89 and cygwin 1.1.7 (the latest release) and had no
    problems.

    > Has anyone succeed in running the X-server on a W98 platform while running
    > cygwin? Mine keeps on complaining about rgb.txt files it can't find in a
    > directory when in actual fact that's precisely wher the file is!

    I succeeded in using XFree86 but the results where not very nice (ugly colors &
    screen resolution) and it's quite complicated to use for simple user who only
    wants to run my application...
    I found another Xserver which is very simple to use and i get some good results
    with it.

    Take a look to http://www.starnet.com/productinfo .... you can download a demo
    version with 2 hour limited session..

    Cheers