Re: XForms: flimage expose is slow

From: Luis Balona (lab@maia.saao.ac.za)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 03:06:53 EST

    Quoting Steve Lamont <spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu>:

    > My favorite trick in using a Canvas is to create a Pixmap and use the
    > Xlib function XSetBackgroundPixmap() to paste the Pixmap of the image
    > onto the background, then let the X server handle the refresh.
    raphics to be drawn completely.

    I guess that should read "XsetWindowBackgroundPixmap(). I tried this, but got a
    uniform blue display (no image). However, I have solved the problem. All I
    needed to do is to enable double buffering:

    image->double_buffer = 1 ;

    Now I get instantaneous refresh for expose events.

    Many thanks Steve!