Re: XForms: Iconifying and restoring windows

From: Todd Denniston (Todd.Denniston@ssa.crane.navy.mil)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 09:14:19 EST

    "j.w.c.a. lokin" wrote:

    > Nicolas Castagne wrote:

    > > Hello all,
    > >
    > > I need to iconify and restore forms on some specific events. I did
    > > consult the manual pages and tried several ways, but I am still
    > > unsuccessful. I am a bit surprized since it seems I've used X-forms for
    > > years now to be quite a basic action !
    > >
    > > Any idea ?
    > >
    > > Thx!!!
    > > NC
    > >
    > Yep, there seems to be no way to (un)iconify a form under programmatic
    > control. Forms are visible or hidden, and there is nothing in between.
    > The whole library seems to be built on that assumption, so my fear is
    > that it may take a long time before iconification is supported. This is
    > a pity, since like yourself, I sure could use the feature.
    >
    > --
    > -+- Jan Willem Lokin -+-

    Have you looked at XIconifyWindow and XMapWindow? As long as the form you want
    to control is a base window you should be able to (un)iconify, but you have to
    trick forms into giving you display, Window, and screen_number to do it (I have
    gotten the info from forms before but it was a long time ago and the source is
    not assessable at the moment).