Re: XForms: Iconifying and restoring windows

From: Steve Lamont (spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 09:57:09 EST

    > I need to iconify and restore forms on some specific events. I did
    > consult the manual pages and tried several ways, but I am still
    > unsuccessful. I am a bit surprized since it seems I've used X-forms for
    > years now to be quite a basic action !

    fl_iconify() will send a request to your window manager to iconify the
    Window containing the form. fl_winshow() may redisplay it. You may
    have to issue an fl_redraw_form() to cause the form to redraw itself
    after deiconification since an Expose event may or may not get sent.

    I am somewhat indefinite in my answer because iconification of Windows
    is under the control of your window manager and not all window
    managers respond to a WM_CHANGE_STATE property in the same way. You
    may wish to use fl_hide_form() and fl_show_form() to do this instead
    since they produce more reliable results.

                                                            spl