Re: XForms: fl_get_xyplot() grief

From: Steve Lamont (spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 10:06:11 EST

    > I think Steve mentioned that the xyplot only searches
    > for the first point that's within a given distance from
    > the mouse position, but sometime the point so found
    > may not be the closest. That might explain the problem
    > you're seeing. |In the latest code, I put extra code
    > to make sure the point returned is always the one that's
    > closes to the mouse.

    You may have to also add bounds checking of some sort, since the
    problem this user is having is that it's returning a point that isn't
    even shown on the plot. That is, there 10 points in the array but
    the xbound is set to some subset, so that, say, points 5, 6, and 7 are
    shown on the plot and the user clicks on point 6, the index and values
    of point 1 (assuming an index origin of zero) are returned.

    I haven't had a chance to look at the source in any detail yet -- too
    many meetings and too much proposal writing!

                                                            spl