Re: XForms: fselector causes program crash after switching from ver. 0.88 to 0.89

From: Keith Tang (kgtang@pcpros.net)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 22:46:21 EST

    > Perhaps there's an old version lurking somewhere. Can you verify that
    > you're actually linking with the version of XForms that you think you
    > are? If you start your app with the `-flversion' flag as shown here
    >
    > yourapp -flversion

    I don't know if you've read my most recent message. The statement
    which causes the problem is fl_refresh_selector. I also noticed today
    that the double click on a file will not cause the selector to return the
    file name. I have to click on the button.

    > it should cough up the version info.

    I'll try that tomorrow, but highly doubt that it due to an old version.

    > Did you get any messages unusual from the linker/loader when you built
    > the app?

    No messages. Compiler and linker are both happy.

    > I don't recall whether you mentioned what operating system you're
    > running but different OSes park the library and the include file in
    > different places.

    I put the libforms.so and libforms.a in /lib/. The forms.h is in
    /usr/include/.

    It behaves exactly the same at work, which was installed from Zentropix
    1.0 real time which is Red Hat 5.2, and at home which runs on
    Mandrake 7.1. The one at home is only about a month old. I'm positive
    there are no strays in my home computer.

    I've got both xform versions on both machines and can switch the
    links between 0.88 and 0.89. It's definitely is linked to 0.89.

    > Beyond that, reducing the problem to a simplified test example or
    > compiling the demos and trying the one which best fits your problem is
    > about all I can recommend.

    I'll see if I can find an example which uses fl_refresh_fselector.

    I guess I was just wondering is anybody else has used
    fl_refresh_selector with version 0.89 without problems. Have you
    tried it?

    I found my font problem. I had to move the fl_set_default_font
    after the fl_initialize. (I don't recall the exact commands used.)

    The 0.89 works great with vnc, which was the reason for making the
    change. I'm dealing with people that want to remotely monitor my
    system with NT. I'm going to have to put an ad on my app.

    I appreciate the help, Steve.

    Thanks,

    Keith Tang