Re: XForms: Slider callback bug?

From: Serge B Bromow (serge@omensys.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 10:39:33 EST

David Scriven wrote:

> I've come across something weird with the slider.
> If you don't have a callback or as in my case, the
> program goes and does something before returning, the
> slider will abort the program.

It does not abort the program, it simply falls out
of the "fl_do_forms" loop and exits.

> To see this effect take the demo objreturn.c and
> comment out line 87
> fl_set_object_callback(obj,return_cb,(long)"slider
> returned");
>
> then move the slider - the program aborts when you
> stop. It appears that the callback is necessary, even
> if it is a blank. If the slider is changed to a
> scrollbar, the program works well without a callback.

No all object return, but simply change state.

This is the nature of object oriented programing. If you
wish to treat the objects in a more linear programing
model you could try the following in the "main" program;

while(TRUE) {
    ob = fl_do_forms();

    if( ob == fd_obj->slider ) {
        do someting (or nothing) here;
        continue;
        }
}

Any returning objects that do not have callbacks
will be trapped in your loop.

Hope this helps

Serge