Re: XForms: A first trivial patch for xforms 0.9999

From: spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 09:41:17 EST

> Should there be some ChangeLog entries?

There will be ChangeLog entries for version 1.0.

I realize there's a huge amount of pent up demand for patches, etc., but
let's try to hold off till I get the 1.0 sources from TC and arrange a
proper CVS repository. Basically, I was authorized to release what I had
as a stopgap so that folks could get familiar with the code.

In answer to another criticism, I do *NOT* intend for this to be a one
person show. Exactly how changes, patches, and versions will be handled
is not worked out but I'll try to do it in a democratic and standard
manner.

If someone can point me to a resource on managing Open Source projects,
that would be helpful. I'm shooting for March 1 to have all the ducks
lined up and ready to waddle. Can everyone live with that? This deadline
*WILL* *NOT* *SLIP* unless something disasterous happens like San Diego
gets nuked by Osama bin Laden.

                                                        spl