Re: XForms: Some xforms implementation questions.

From: Jeff (piercejhsd009@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 22:45:22 EDT

    Here's what I have.
    I have a button that is a radio like PTT, I have in it's attributes for
    teh space bar to be a shortcut. Ok, that works fine, can activate PTT by
    either clicking the button, or entering space bar.

    But, I also have input objects, and even when I give them focus and am
    typing in data, a space bar does not go to the input field, but still
    activates the PTT button.

    So, if a wiget has the focus, it does not mean that it will get all
    input first. Is that true?

    spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu wrote:

    >>How do you make the actual window the focus? I have one input box and
    >>only want it have focus when it is clicked on and give up the focus back
    >>to the window after the data is input. Plus, clicking on the window
    >>background gives it the focus.
    >

    > Focus policy is largely a function of your window manager. I'm not
    > sure what you want to do is possible without making the window go
    > away.
    >
    > I suppose you could play some trick by warping the pointer (cursor)
    > but moving the user's pointer is generally considered anti-social.
    >
    > I can't think of an X application that does what you suggest.
    >
    > Anyone else?
    >
    > spl

    Jeff
    piercejhsd009@earthlink.net