RE: XForms: Some xforms implementation questions.

From: Matt Yaconis (myaconis@nlxcorp.com)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 10:36:20 EDT

    We had some special requirements for focus handling and we used special
    keyboard grabbing/ungrabbing routines...it's not exactly clear to me that
    that will help you with what you are trying to accomplish, however.

    It sounds like you might want to add a "hidden" input and switch the focus
    to the hidden input whenever you are done with your other input field (using
    the fl_set_focus_object function). It's pretty much a kludge but may give
    you your desired result.

    We use Linux with KDE 2.2 and I've found that input fields are the only
    objects that ever "get focus", so if there is only one on a window, whenever
    that window is active it will have focus.

    If you could clarify what you are trying to do I might be of more
    assistance. (My comprehension skills seem to be somewhat lacking today.)