Re: XForms: problem with fl_set_idle_delta in 1.0 RC 5.2

From: Steve Lamont (spl@eggshell.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 17:01:43 EST

    > I re-installed my binary version of 0.88 (I have no source) and
    > tested it and got over 6000 idle calls per second. So something
    > strange is going on. There is clearly a major difference between
    > the 0.88 idle call handling and the 1.0 idle call handling. I do
    > not have source to 0.88, so I cannot explore what asyn_io.c is
    > doing.
    >
    > Is this a bug? Is this a configuration issue? Can someone who has
    > access to both source trees run a diff for me?

    My guess is that what's happening is that when 0.88 was fed a zero it
    accepted it, rather than bumping it up. That would basically cause
    the idle loop to go as fast as its little legs could carry it.

    I see no notation in the Changes file and I haven't had 0.88 kicking
    around here for years so I really can only speculate. Probably only
    TC knows.

    I suppose the next thing to try is to change fl_set_idle_delta() to
    accept zero as a valid delta. I don't think that should break
    anything. Give it a try.

    Since this behavior is not documented, I'd be inclined to consider it
    a bug rather than a feature. I can't imagine how it could be a
    configuration problem.

                                                            spl