XForms: problem with fl_set_idle_delta in 1.0 RC 5.2

From: David Paigen (paigen@heathen.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 13:25:42 EST

    Hello.

    I have been developing a statistical package for the
    last year using 0.88 and I just upgraded to 1.0 RC 5.2
    and I have a problem.

    Rather than using threads I have my statistical calculations
    running in the background using an idle routine that I set
    with fl_set_idle_callback. I discovered, with 0.88, that I
    could then fl_set_idle_delta( 0 ) and the program would go
    lickety-split. However, with 1.0, fl_set_idle_delta seems
    to have no effect, the idle routine gets called about 50 time
    per second no matter what. In version 0.88 it was being run
    five thousand times per second.

    Is this a bug? Do I need to do something different in order
    to use the cpu's idle time?

    Thanks,
    -David Paigen
    paigen@heathen.com