Re: XForms: Fwd: Re: subscribe xforms@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil

From: Steve Lamont (spl@eggshell.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 09:40:32 EST

    > Guys, I took it upon myself to add the xforms mailing list to the gmane news
    > server. Personally, I find it a pretty useful way of keeping up to date with
    > mailing lists.

    I'm not so sure I'm in agreement with this and I wish it hadn't been
    done without consulting with the group. After many years experience
    with USENET and newsgroups, I prefer reading this list as email in its
    present form -- I find it much more efficient to have the mail come to
    me than have to go to it.

    As far as I can see, this just gives spammers one more place to
    harvest addresses. Threaded archives are available on the mail server
    as noted below, so I don't see what this `gmane' widget brings to the
    party.

    > Their home page is http://www.gmane.org
    >
    > Steve, should you decide to import the existing mail archives into
    > gmane too, then http://gmane.org/import.php tells you all you need
    > to know.

    and in my opinion, he's doing a fine job.

                                                            spl