Re: XForms: fdesign problem

Dirk Evers (dirk@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE)
Fri, 28 May 1999 18:43:24 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

encouraged by my previous success ;-):

Here is another bug(s) in fdesign I noticed...
Slider preferences are strangly updated.

1. Observation: Changed values that are not acknowledged by RETURN or focus
change, etc. are forgotten.

2. Observation: After having tested a form in fdesign the initial slider va=
lue
is sometimes changed. I can't really pin this one down more
precisely, sorry.

A bug in xforms... ?

Sliderbar sometimes doubles when you click into the slider when it is
initially displayed. Might have to do with setting of slider parameters vs.
slider update vs. user interaction. The "fata morgana" sliderbar vanishes
the moment you drag with the mouse.
Not shure if this should be considered a bug...

Tested using fdesign 0.53 and xforms 0.88.1

Regards,
Dirk

On 23-May-99 T.C. Zhao wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
> Thanks for the message. Yes the group handling is
> indeed buggy if some radio buttons do not belong to
> a group. I am fixing it right now. Exepect to see
> the fix in v0.89 fairly soon.=20
> Regards, -TC
>=20
> --- Dirk Evers <dirk@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
>> # To subscribers of the xforms list from Dirk Evers
>> <dirk@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> :
>>=20
>> Hi,
>>=20
>> I'm not sure if this was mentioned before...
>> fdesign has problems with groups and radio buttons.
>> Tested: fdesign 0.53 in xforms 0.88.1, Solaris and
>> fdesign 0.52 in xforms 0.88, Irix
>>=20
>> It seems to get mixed up with it's bookkeeping if you copy a
>> radiobutton.
>>=20
>> Example:
>> 1. create new form
>> 2. create two buttons name them b1 and b2 with type radiobutton,
>> b1 is initially set
>> 3. create a group
>> 4. copy & paste button b1 name it b3, initially unset
>> 5. test
>>=20
>> Result: Group behaviour is mixed up
>>=20
>> Regards
>> Dirk
>> ---
>> Dirk Evers / AG-PI / Technische Fakultaet =20
>> Office: M3-120
>> Universitaet Bielefeld Tel: +49 521
>> 106-2905
>> Postfach 100 131 FAX: +49 521
>> 106-6411
>> D-33501 Bielefeld EMail:
>> mailto:dirk@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
>> Germany URL:
>> http://www.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE/techfak/persons/dirk/
>>=20
>>=20
>=20

---
Dirk Evers / AG-PI / Technische Fakultaet                      Office: M3-1=