RE: XForms: xforms:fl_add_glcanvas

Dirk Evers (dirk@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE)
Fri, 28 May 1999 18:55:00 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

this is due to an unlucky choice of names.
There are two files in the xforms distribution called gl.c one resides in t=
he
FORMS subdir the other one in the DEMOS subdir.
(You might wan't to change that TC?)

Depending on the type of OS and wether you are linking static or dynamicall=
you need to compile gl.c in FORMS and link it with the other files. I forgo=
which OSes need this. Linux is definitely one of them...

Regards,
Dirk

On 26-May-99 Kay Fleetwood wrote:
># To subscribers of the xforms list from Kay Fleetwood
># <rfleetwood@tecmasters.com> :
>=20
> Greetings,
>=20
> I've tried everything. (Well, not everything, otherwise, it would
> work.) I searched the list for an answer to my problem, but all of the
> postings I found dealt with questions that made it past where I am. I
> would like to start using glcanvases in my applications. The first
> obvious step would be to look at some demos that have them in it. From
> what I could gather, gl.c needs to be compiled to make the demos work.
>=20
> By the way, I downloaded Mesa3.0 and placed the libraries in
> /usr/local/lib/, and also in ..../FORMS/GL/ just to cover my bases. I
> made links from the Mesa libraries to libGL.a, too.
>=20
>>From instructions in the 01Readme file in the DEMOS directory, I have
> tried to make gl.c and glwin.c with the command: make gl glwin. The
> following are the errors that are generated.
>=20
>=20
> gcc -O -s -o gl gl.o -L../FORMS -lforms -lGL -lXext -L/usr/X11R6/lib
> -lX11 -lm
> gl.o: In function `idle_cb':
> gl.o(.text+0x2f7): undefined reference to `fl_activate_glcanvas'
> gl.o: In function `buffer_cb':
> gl.o(.text+0x5dc): undefined reference to `fl_set_glcanvas_attributes'
> gl.o: In function `create_form_form':
> gl.o(.text+0x821): undefined reference to `fl_add_glcanvas'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: [gl] Error 1 (ignored)
> gcc -O -s -o glwin glwin.o -L../FORMS -lforms -lGL -lXext
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lm
> glwin.o: In function `main':
> glwin.o(.text+0x69): undefined reference to `fl_glwincreate'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: [glwin] Error 1 (ignored)
>=20
>=20
> I guess what amazed me was that the errors were on xforms functions and
> only on functions that dealt with glcanvases. I'm using xforms 0.88
> (the glibc version).
>=20
> I know this is probably very obvious to most of you, but any and all
> help would be greatly appreciated.
>=20
> Thank you,
> Kay Fleetwood
>=20
>=20
>=20

---
Dirk Evers / AG-PI / Technische Fakultaet                      Office: M3-1=
20
Universitaet Bielefeld                                  Tel: +49 521 106-29=
05
Postfach 100 131                                        FAX: +49 521 106-64=
11
D-33501 Bielefeld                 EMail: mailto:dirk@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.=
DE
Germany        URL: http://www.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE/techfak/persons/dir=