Re: XForms: canvas demo

From: Steve Lamont (spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 12:03:26 EST

    > However, there is a drawback. I realized that the counter class uses
    > this idle delta to determine the repetition speed when you press one
    > of the arrows. That is, with idle delta=0 the counter reacts many
    > times on one mouse-press (several hundreds), and consequently the
    > workaround may not be a good idea.

    > Is there another workaround or a workaround for this workaround?

    The only thing I can think of without spending a lot of time on it is
    a fairly disgusting kluge.

    You could leave the idle delta as the default in your main.

    Entry to your Expose routine could then set it to zero and then set a
    timeout with fl_add_timeout() of some reasonable value -- maybe 500
    milliseconds -- long enough to assure all of the Expose events to be
    serviced. The timeout service routine could then set the idle delta
    back to some reasonable non-zero value.

    Bleah!

                                                            spl