Re: XForms: Problem noifying end of input.

From: Ravi Mehrotra (ravi@csnpl.ren.nic.in)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 22:05:59 EST

    Hi,

    It has been interesting to read all the intense debate on the behaviour
    of the input widget. I would like to just contribute an experience
    rather than add my preferences to the arguments. I had put together an
    application using XForms for not so computer literate people. A lot of
    times people came back to me saying that they had entered a value in an
    input field and hit OK/START/STOP... (application) buttons but the value
    hadn't changed and the program was hence not working ! I had to
    explicitly display a message somewhere that "Please Hit REURN after
    keying in a value". I also followed another approach where I checked for
    changed values withing the code incase sombody forgot to press the
    RETURN key.

    Ravi Mehrotra
    National Physical Laboratory
    New Delhi