Re: XForms: Why xforms?

From: Rob Fletcher (rpf1@york.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 10:00:30 EST

    On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, zaphodb wrote:

    > > in the UK. It also played out audio (a speech synthesis system), but of
    > > course, the machine at MIT did the talking!
    >
    > Ever thought of a netradio kindof solution? Or would this put
    > too much a load on a network / be too low quality ?

    I did try the netaudio stuff a long while back.

    I the end it came down to getting the same box here as in the USA
    and develop and push code about.

    Mind you, because of the network delays, I was able to see the drawing
    actually "happen", and was able to debug a particular graphic based
    program coz everything was going so damned slow...

    I have to say this was now 5 or 6 years ago ...

    And of course, those diodes down my left leg are just killing me

    Cheers,

    Rob. (Who has co-incidentally just listened to the whole radio series
          of the HHGTTG again, having just bought the whole set on tape.

          Mind you, nothing beat having to wait for the next episode.

          Also, I did not realise it was Terry Riley's "Rainbow in Curved
          Air" music on the show either ... sort of missed that on the
          steam radio broadcasts first time round ...